In this tutorial, you will learn how to create the Keep Calm and Wag On Bookmarks which feature the Happy Tails stamp set by Stampin' Up! This stamp set is featured in the 2019 Occasions catalog. I will share many productivity tips including how I cut out the bookmarks using the Brother Scan and Cut, how I use the Stamparatus for precision stamping and how I used a stamping mask which I created using the Brother ScanNCut.
Still don’t have a Brother ScanNCut? - https://amzn.to/2LqTtih
The first step is to cut the Very Vanilla card stock. Use the rectangular shape on the Brother Scan and Cut 2 or CM350 and place six rectangles onto the card stock which are 2" (height) by 5" (length). Use a standard cutting blade with a blade depth of 5. Then, use the Tag Topper Scalloped punch to punch the top of the bookmarks. Use the cut out piece of Very Vanilla as a guide for the bookmarks so that you can place each one into the same spot each time.
Using the photopolymer stamps from the Happy Tails stamp set to assemble the layout onto a blank bookmark. The dog, bone, "Keep Calm and Wag On" sentiment, paw, and heart were used for this project. After the stamps are assembled with the flat side up, lower the hinge of the Stamparatus onto the stamps and let them cling to the top. Peel off the blank bookmark and place it back into the area you are using as a guide. Then, use the Soft Suede ink to ink up the layout. Lower the top plate onto the bookmark. Press with your hand, and then lift up the plate. The bookmark will stick to the plate which is normal. Peel it off gently, being sure not to smudge the ink. Repeat the process over and over again, re-inking your layout each time. When you are finished, clean your stamps and then move onto the next step - coloring. The productivity tip I shared during this part of the tutorial features a stamping mask.
Be sure to view this related post:
Creating.a Stamping Mask – Brother ScanNCut – Happy Tails – 2019 Occasions Catalog by Stampin’ Up!
Next, you will use Crumb Cake ink, your stamping mask and sponges to color in all of the dogs. Then, use the Clear Wink of Stella brush over the dogs and the bones. Lastly, color the hearts using the Red Wink of Stella Brush. Loop a piece of burlap though the bookmark and tie a bow to hold it using Linen Thread. Other projects featuring the Happy Tails stamp set are shared here. They include doggie treats which can be used as Valentines. The doggies are on Wobble Springs. I also share a "Friends Forever" bookmark created with Crumb Cake card stock and the Detailed Trio Punch.
———————— Supplies ————————
• Happy Tails Photopolymer Stamp Set —— http://bit.ly/2TxTqB9
• Stamparatus —— http://bit.ly/2zFyC2k
• Very Vanilla 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/2U5y3qP
• Tag Topper Scalloped Punch —— http://bit.ly/2xYLZgf
• Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad —— http://bit.ly/2y0pZl6
• Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad —— http://bit.ly/2u4oRsx
• Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush —— http://bit.ly/2ykn6Lb
• 5/8" (1.6 Cm) Burlap Ribbon —— http://bit.ly/2u5Sppx
• Linen Thread —— http://bit.ly/2U27rHj
• Dog Builder Punch —— http://bit.ly/2TxTrFd
• 2" X 8" (5.1 X 20.3 Cm) Cellophane Bags —— http://bit.ly/2NaIiac
• Mini Stampin' Dimensionals —— http://bit.ly/2z9jIRk
• Happy Tails Photopolymer Bundle —— http://bit.ly/2TsHxw5
• Crumb Cake 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock —— http://bit.ly/2y0pXK0
• Detailed Trio Punch —— http://bit.ly/2zCobzv
• Red Wink of Stella Brush —— https://amzn.to/2sDd5Eg
• Brother Scan and Cut —— https://amzn.to/2LqTtih
• Ink Blending Tool —— https://amzn.to/2T02VZT
More Projects by The Papered Chef:
The Papered Chef Blog
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel
Visit me on Pinterest
Like me on FaceBook
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my Brother ScanNCut Courses