In Todays video, we will look into Top 5 reasons for Plant Leaf Drying and getting Brown at tips and edges with diagnosing and treating a common plant diseases and plant health problems – that is cure to the problem of BROWNISH DRY EDGES ON LEAVES OF PLANTS, the Top 5 Reasons causing this and
What Causes this Browning and Drying at the Edges On Leaves Of Plants
I am sure most of you might have encountered this problem on their favourite plants. When a plant develops brown edges on leaves or brown leaf tips, a gardener’s first thought goes on to think that it is a disease or pest that is attacking the plant. Infact, this is not always the case.
So, What are the Causes of Brown Edges on Leaves of Plants?
When the whole of the leaf or leaves are getting brown on a plant, this can indicate several other major problems, but when just the sides or tips of the leaf turn brown, there is only one common diagnosis, that is the plant is STRESSED.
The Commonest cause for brown leaf tips or brown edges on leaves is the plant not getting enough water. There are several reasons or explanations on why this may happen.
• First of all check whether you are adequately watering the plant by checking the soil surface for its moistness. If you are forgetting to water the plant, rectify this problem immediately, especially for water loving plants. But this does not mean you have to over water them. The best solution to this is to dip your finger into the soil to an inch and check whether its dry or moist. If dry then water it thoroughly.
• The roots may be constricted and unable to pick up the water, especially in container gardening. Also Too Much Clay rich Soil is another cause of constricting the roots tightly. So Increase watering to resolve this – but there is a possibility of root rot with overwatering, Hence best solution to this is repot the plant in a larger container and in a loose well draining soil. And the next 3rd reason is just opposite of this one.
• The soil does not hold onto the water. If your soil is too much sandy or over draining soil with lot of sand, the water may simply be draining away too fast and this may be causing water deficiency and brown edges on leaves. Improve the soil with other stuff like organic material and mixing some garden soil and other stuff like cocopeat, perlite, vermiculite, etc which will hold onto the water better.
• The roots may be damaged. Like while digging or even repotting or too much root pruning of a root bound plant, this can cause root damage and reduced water uptake. In this case, correct the problem that is causing the root damage and then do some good pruning on the plant branches to reduce its water requirement so that the root system recovers from this stress.
• Another last reason for the sides of a leaf to turn brown is a high salt content in the soil either using hard water (salty water) to water the plants or Over use of Fertlizers. To overcome this start watering with soft water and also if over fertilized – flush the pot with large amounts of soft water keeping it in sunlight and opening the drainage hole of the pot well, so that the salty water or the fertilizer flushes out easily out of the pot.
Now Lastly One Simple Hack to Solve the Problem - wATCH vIDEO !
leafdrying, leafyellowing, yellowleaves, leafbrowning, gardentips, gardeningtips
SUBSCRIBE TO DOCTORS HEALTH TIPS CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/vcare?sub_confirmation=1
(I am a medical doctor with hobby as gardening)
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO "ON" TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Gardening Videos - PLAYALL: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvE-WOB38X7Z8mAiNYyqcldMQQZCnz5o7
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell "Turned On" to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
Garden Tips - Garden Tips English - http://youtube.com/gardentips
Gardening Tips Hindi - http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
Our Website: http://www.gkvks.com
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists
Join Our WhatsApp Group to learn from experts: Please Join Here https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/join for a small fee. After Joining, please contact us with your youtube user id and whatsapp number to be added to our Gardening Family. Contact here - https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/about (enquiries). Happy Gardening!
#gardening #gardeningtips #gardentips #gardeningideas #farming #agriculture #botany #plants #garden